Countdown to Boston

Monday, March 30, 2009

20 miles - check!


I did my 20 mile run in an interesting fashion. I planned to do the Ocean Drive 10 mile run on Sunday the 29th of March, and there is also a marathon that takes place. I did the 10 miles, stopped, took a break, received my medal for finishing, and continued on with the marathoners along the course to do the 20 miles. It was GREAT! What a great course, plus mile markers and people to run with! It gave me a whole bunch of confidence, I was doing a nice pace and it felt great! The day started off rainy and windy but ended up clearing by the end. This race started in Cape May and I ended in Avalon while the marathoners finished in Sea Isle.

2 more weeks of long runs - a 12 and an 8 and marathon day will be here in about 2 weeks!!

Thank you for your support!

1 comment:

  1. Time flies! It seems like jus yesterday you were prego with lil nick!!

    ReplyDelete